Who are good candidates for chin implant genioplasty?
The patient has an insufficiently projected chin, for which he wishes more projection while improving the contours of the oval of the face.The patient wishes to harmonize the result of a rhinoplasty with the chin, as part of a profiloplasty
Good candidates can have different motivations:
- The patient has an insufficiently projected chin, for which he wishes more projection while improving the contours of the oval of the face
- The patient wishes to harmonize the result of a rhinoplasty with the chin, as part of a profiloplasty
- The patient wishes to correct a double chin, the cause of which is in particular an insufficiently developed chin
- Genioplasty by prosthesis can be combined with a face and neck lift to redraw the angle between the neck and the chin, and tighten the oval of the face
- The patient wishes to correct an asymmetry of the chin
The implant genioplasty technique is based on several points
- We define in consultation the advancement of the chin desired by the patient. A computer simulation may be useful.
- The incision is most often concealed in the mouth (invisible scar) or very discreet under the chin.
- A tailor-made pocket is made, in contact with the mandibular bone, avoiding disinsertion of the muscles of the chin tuft. This box corresponds to the exact dimensions of the chin prosthesis.
- The procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia with neuroleptanalgesia or under general anesthesia if the patient wishes.
- The procedure lasts 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the type of implant.
- Hospitalization is outpatient or lasts 1 night maximum.
The different types of chin implant for genioplasty
Depending on the appearance of the chin, and the correction to be made, several types of prosthesis exist: either small central prostheses, or prostheses with side wings to widen a too narrow chin.
For each shape of implants, there are different sizes, in order to adapt the implant to the face and the contour of the patient’s mandible.
Composition of prostheses used in genioplasty
- Prostheses are most often made of hard silicone. They are very well tolerated.
- It is also possible to use Medpor implants, but they have the disadvantage of being more difficult to position, and require a scar under the chin.
The result of prosthetic genioplasty
- The result of prosthetic genioplasty is immediate. However, the complete disappearance of the edema gives a definitive result between 2 and 3 months.
- The prosthesis is invisible, thanks to the thickness of the muscles and the fat of the chin which conceals it.
1887 People road 100 Liked – You like also
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to email@example.com for any questions you may have.
Sir yah hospital kahan per hai
Contact kaise kard
Excellent doctor, He looks better & cute.
Sister ye hospital kaha pr h
Sir ka fees kitna hua hai
Plz sr how contact u..plz reply sr