Rhinoplasty: The procedure lasts from 30 minutes to two hours
The intervention lasts from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the modifications to be made. In the case of partial rhinoplasty, hospitalization may…
Rhinoplasty Reveal One Week After Surgery | Dr. Kian Karimi
A preoperative blood test is carried out according to the prescriptions. The professional must ensure that there are no contraindications to the surgery. A radiological examination may also be requested depending on the correction to be made (especially in the case of restorative rhinoplasty).
Some recommendations should be observed before aesthetic nose surgery:
- It is advisable to stop smoking at least one month before and after surgery so as not to hinder healing;
- Taking aspirin is prohibited during the 10 days preceding the operation;
- Stopping oral contraception may be requested in the event of other risk factors for phlebitis (obesity, poor venous condition, coagulation disorders);
- The skin will be disinfected with an antiseptic solution or soap applied the day before and the morning of the operation;
- It is recommended not to eat or drink anything 6 hours before the operation.
Anesthesia is either general or local, combined with diazanalgesia allowing the patient to be relaxed. In case of intervention on the nasal septum or complete rhinoplasty with mobilization of the bone part, general anesthesia is preferable because it is more comfortable.
In the case of rhinoplasty located at the tip of the cartilaginous nose or simply by grating a mini bump, local anesthesia associated with diazanalgesia is most often sufficient.
The choice of anesthesia is the result of a discussion between the patient, the surgeon and the anesthesiologist.
The procedure lasts from 30 minutes to two hours
The intervention lasts from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the modifications to be made. In the case of partial rhinoplasty, hospitalization may last only one day. On the other hand, in the event of complete rhinoplasty associated with surgery of the septum, an overnight hospitalization is to be expected.
Although each surgeon can adopt their own procedures, there are a few basic principles:
- Most often, the incisions are hidden inside the nostrils or under the upper lip so that they are not visible from the outside. In rare cases, external scars are necessary: to reduce the size of the nostrils, the scars will then be hidden at the base of the wings of the nose; in the case of open rhinoplasty – to access the nasal infrastructure – in the event of significant deformities or surgical revision, the scars will be across the columella (pillar separating the two nostrils).
- Through these incisions, the bone and cartilaginous framework will be isolated by peeling off the skin on the outside and the mucosa on the inside.
- The osteo-cartilaginous infrastructure is then corrected according to the chosen simulation: reduction of a nose that is too wide, removal of a bump, correction of a deviation, shortening of a nose that is too long, etc. The use of cartilage or bone grafts may be necessary.
- The incisions are closed with small sutures, most often absorbable.
- Dressings and a splint (in plaster, plastic or metal) molded and attached to the nose, provide support and protection.
The aftermath of a rhinoplasty
The consequences are rarely painful and the main constraint is related to the impossibility of breathing through the nose (due to edema). The post-operative follow-up time, which varies depending on the type of rhinoplasty, is around 7 to 15 days:
- Possibility of wicks for 1 to 3 days;
- A small endonasal splint in case of septum surgery, removed between the 5th and 8th day following the operation. It can be replaced by a smaller splint for a few days;
- A nasal dressing (either steristrip, or small plastic-coated or plastered plate) which remains in place for 10 days if a gesture on the shape of the nose has been performed. When the dressing is removed, an acneiform outbreak on the nose is possible, it will be resolved by local medical treatment;
- Possibility of edema in the eyelids, edema or bruising, the importance and duration of which vary from one person to another.
- There is no removal of stitches because the threads placed inside the nose are absorbable. This procedure is not painful and pain should alert the surgeon to the possibility of infection.
The time taken to resume social and professional activity will depend on the duration of this external dressing and the possibility of bruising on the eyelids and cheeks, the importance of which varies according to the individual. It is estimated that it is on average 10 to 20 days. After the splint is removed, the nose may appear even more massive and respiratory discomfort may persist (due to swelling of the mucous membrane or the presence of crusts in the nasal cavity).
The nose remains fragile for 1 month. You must avoid any risk of shock and any traumatic gesture (blowing your nose violently, etc.). Sport and violent activities are to be avoided for 3 months. Exposure to the sun is possible as soon as the bruises have disappeared.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to email@example.com for any questions you may have.
सर आप मेरा बात का बुरा मत मानना बस इंसान को है सब चीज पर ध्यान नहीं देना चाहिए
हमारी गायनेकोमैस्टिया है कितने रुपए का खर्चा लगेगा और कहां पर
इंसान को जो भगवान ने दिया है उसी में खुश रहना चाहिए