Preparation and progress of the eyebrow lift operation
Coronary eyebrow lifting is one of the types of coronary lifting, in which the incision is made in the hair, departing from the line of its growth.
My Eyelid Surgery 1st Weeks of Recovery | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary Part 2
Eyebrow lifting is a plastic surgery that aims to remove and smooth deep horizontal and vertical wrinkles on the forehead, raise the eyebrow line, tighten the upper eyelids and outer corners of the eyes, remove “goose bumps”. Many women and men dream of having a smooth forehead and an open, not frowning look. Forehead and eyebrow lifting is one of the methods of plastic surgery, which allows you to make the face 15-20 years younger, and as a result of this procedure, the look regains vitality.
Indications for eyebrow and forehead lift:
- age-related loss of facial skin elasticity;
- reducing the elasticity of the muscles of the upper third of the face;
- congenital defects or ugly shape of the eyebrows;
- age-related ptosis of the eyebrows;
- horizontal (transverse), vertical (eyebrow) wrinkles of the forehead;
- facial wrinkles in the outer corners of the eyes;
- flabby soft tissues of the upper eyelids.
Contraindications to eyebrow lifting:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- diseases of the endocrine system;
- blood coagulation disorders;
- infectious and viral diseases;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Preparation and progress of the eyebrow lift operation
At the preoperative consultation, the surgeon will prescribe the necessary tests and examinations, a consultation with an anesthesiologist to take into account all the contraindications and features of your body. Recommendations are also given to prepare the patient for surgery. Also, the surgeon must determine which method of lifting is suitable for the patient. There are several types of eyebrow and forehead lifts.
1. Coronary eyebrow lifting is one of the types of coronary lifting, in which the incision is made in the hair, departing from the line of its growth. This method is usually not suitable for people with high foreheads, as it increases its height even more.
2. Endoscopic eyebrow lifting (subcutaneous) – this type of browlifting is less traumatic than other methods. The operation is performed through small punctures in the scalp. Through them, with the help of an endoscopic camera, biocompatible threads are held with fixing hooks at the ends, which are attached to the muscles, as a result of which the eyebrow arches rise. The skin is less injured and the traces of punctures become invisible over time.
3. Temporal or temporal lifting – the incision is made along the area of hair in the temples. This method is well suited for raising the level of the corners of the eyebrows, and it is often combined with the endoscopic method.
4. Lifting of the middle part of the forehead and eyebrows – differs in that the surgical incision is made on one or more horizontal wrinkles of the forehead.
5. Eyebrow lift – a method in which a surgical incision is made in the natural shape of the eyebrows.
6. Lifting along the hairline is one of the types of coronary lifting, when the incision is made in the scalp.
7. Top lifting. Unlike previous interventions, it is suitable for young patients with severe signs of ptosis of the upper face, its advantage is the use of a shortened incision, which will not be noticeable after surgery. Eyebrow lifting in this case is carried out through incisions along the line of hair growth in the peripheral region of the forehead. At the same time, the possibilities of top-lifting allow not only to achieve open eyesight, eliminate wrinkles and sagging skin, but also to get a beautiful spread of eyebrows and a beautiful almond-shaped incision of the eyes. Unlike temporal lifting, this way you can adjust each eyebrow individually, which is important when correcting their asymmetrical position or changing the shape of the bend.
Plastic surgery to lift the forehead and eyebrows is performed under general anesthesia. The duration of the operation depends on the chosen method, on average it takes about 2 hours. After the operation, a special compression bandage is applied to the face, which must be changed every 1-2 days.
Rehabilitation after Eyebrow lift
After the operation, the patient remains in the hospital for 2-3 days under medical supervision. Sutures are usually removed in 2 weeks, but if the recovery process is rapid, it is removed earlier. The duration of the rehabilitation period also depends on the chosen technique of plastic surgery. On average, after a direct lift of eyebrows and forehead, it takes 2-3 weeks, after endoscopic (subcutaneous) – about 1 week.
During the postoperative period, there may be swelling in the upper third of the face, often a side effect is a decrease in the sensitivity of the forehead and discomfort in the healing of sutures. Complete healing and swelling occurs within 2-3 weeks.
Also among the recommendations:
- the first 2-3 months to avoid solariums, saunas and other places with a sharp drop in temperature;
- for 7-10 days it is necessary to adhere to a gentle regimen and regularly take drugs prescribed by the surgeon;
- the first 4-5 days you can not tilt and turn your head sharply, all head movements must be done smoothly and slowly;
- taking a shower is possible in 5-7 days after surgery, hair dryer is contraindicated;
- after washing your hair you need to put on a compression bandage again and wear it for the entire period recommended by your doctor (about 10 days);
- exclude active physical activity for at least 6 weeks after surgery.
The result of the operation to lift the forehead and eyebrows can be assessed in 1.5-2 months.
After the operation, the skin of the forehead will be smooth, the face will look fresher and younger for at least 10 years, the eyebrow line will be higher, and wrinkles in the corners of the eyes will become less noticeable. The openness of the gaze will be restored, wrinkles, longitudinal and transverse wrinkles in the forehead will be eliminated. You will get a beautiful eyebrow line and lost elasticity and elasticity of the skin over the years. The result lasts from 5 to 10 years or more.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have.