Possible dangers of facelift
Facelift is generally one of the most common cosmetic surgeries and is done with absolute success around the world.
My Face Lift: Before and After Part 1 – 2022
Possible dangers of facelift
Some of the most common “slight side effects” of facelift are: for a few months after the operation you may feel a numbness in your face. You may feel rough and dry skin on your face for a few months. Men sometimes have to change the way they shave after a facelift, because their skin is essentially rearranged. Laser hair removal or electrolysis are very good possible solutions for beards that have been moved to a new location after a facelift.
Facelift is generally one of the most common cosmetic surgeries and is done with absolute success around the world. In any case, this is a surgery, which is usually performed under general anesthesia. No surgery is completely and 100% safe. They can all have some complications, but they are relatively rare. Specifically, the main problems that can be caused by facial facelift surgery are the following:
Negative or allergic reactions to anesthesia are something from quite to very rare and anesthesiologists generally take all precautions to prevent this from happening. It goes without saying that allergies to anesthetics are not just for plastic surgery but for all surgeries.
- Bleeding under the skin.
- An infection that can be caused by an existing infection or a germ inside a hospital. It is usually treatable.
- Damage to the nerves that supply the facial muscles. This can cause paralysis or convulsions in the face. This is a serious complication, but its “results” are temporary.
- Numbness in some areas of the face, which can last from 6 months to a year.
- Hair loss (alopecia) in both men and women.
- Tissue loss.
- Visible scars. It is almost impossible for a plastic surgeon who is experienced and specialized in facial facelift to make such a mistake, which is why patients should ALWAYS choose plastic surgeons who specialize in the surgery they are interested in.
- Creation of blood clots in the large veins, which can travel to the heart and lungs and cause serious or fatal problems, such as pulmonary embolism. This complication, however, is EXTREMELY rare, but in no case is it impossible for it to happen.
Finally, there is a complication with mainly psychological consequences, which is common to all cosmetic surgeries, including facelift: there is also a risk that the end result will not meet the patient’s expectations. An experienced plastic surgeon can usually give you a very clear idea of what the results you should expect to see after surgery. Of course, the more realistic the patient’s expectations, the better. Under no circumstances should you believe doctors who call “hares with petrachelia”.
What to think about before doing a facelift
As with other cosmetic procedures, you will be more likely to be happy with the results of your facelift if you have clear and fairly realistic expectations about what the surgery might accomplish. It is also very important that your plastic surgeon shares these expectations, which we mentioned above.
Finally, there is the financial side of the issue. Most – if not all – insurance companies do not cover the cost of facelift, as it is a purely cosmetic surgery that does not improve the patient’s health in any way. It is therefore important to know exactly what the total cost of the whole process will be. In other words, you should know how much the hospital and the stay in it will cost you, the fees of the plastic surgeon and the anesthesiologist, the cost of the medicines and the cost of the visits to the plastic surgery. Below we will talk in more detail about the cost of a facelift.
So far we have only talked about surgical facelift, that is, what is done in a normal operating room and under full anesthesia. As we said before, however, there are now some less invasive methods as well as the so-called scalp-free facelift.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to email@example.com for any questions you may have.