Nutrition: Tips for a healthy diet
You have to learn how to shop: reading the nutrition labels and preparing a list should indicate only what is needed.
Breaking Down 5 Top Diets for 2022
Tips for a healthy diet
Over the last thirty years, the Italian diet has profoundly changed and in fact the development of the economy, the great social changes, the drive to reach a higher standard of living have brought out the tendency to consume more frequently and in greater quantity of foods once considered rare and valuable. The possibility of eating with a greater variety and richness of foods has brought undoubted benefits, such as the disappearance of the so-called nutritional deficiencies but the tendency to eat more than necessary, often with imbalances between the various nutrients in the diet, has often exposed other risks such as for example, the greater tendency to obesity, hypertension, diabetes, atherosclerosis.All this occurred, paradoxically, as a consequence of the abandonment of the typical diet of our country, the Mediterranean diet that other countries have taken as a model of healthy eating. The adoption of an adequate eating behavior is therefore necessary to reduce health risks. The guidelines for healthy eating are intended to indicate how to try to get better health by eating better.
Before embarking on a new diet it is however necessary to consult a doctor to ensure that there are no contraindications as the food recommendations listed are generally valid but could be contraindicated in the presence of specific pathological conditions in a particular subject. For a healthy diet you need:
- Limit the consumption of sugary and carbonated soft drinks.
- Limit the consumption of alcohol, that is, do not drink more than a quarter of wine, half a liter of beer, or two small glasses a day (for very thin women or men these quantities should be halved). Further reduce or eliminate alcoholic beverages if you are overweight or frankly obese, if you have a family history of diabetes, hypertriglyceridemia, etc.
- Limit your daily intake of saturated fats (butter, fatty sausages, fatty red meats, fatty cheeses) and trans fatty acids (margarine, peanut butter).
- Limit the consumption of simple sugars (sugar, sweets, sugary drinks) especially in the evening. Use sweet products to spread on bread or rusks (such as jams, fruit jams, honey and creams) in controlled quantities.
- The vegetables should be eaten, preferably raw or steamed.
- Yogurt does not necessarily have to be low-fat, but it is better to avoid fruit yoghurt which generally contains a lot of sugars. If you consume a lot of milk, prefer skim or semi-skimmed milk, which still maintains its calcium content.
- Maintain high fiber in the diet (by eating lots of fruits and vegetables).
- It is important to ensure the minimum daily doses of essential fatty acids, therefore at least 3 times a week meat should be replaced with fish.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day (30 ml per kg of body weight). If the color of the urine is too dark and / or smells bad (for example in the summer or more generally when you play sports and sweat a lot) you must increase the amount of water you drink. Drink frequently and in small quantities. Water balance must be maintained by essentially drinking water, both tap and bottled water, both of which are safe and controlled. It should be remembered that the various drinks (such as orange soda, coca-cola-type drinks, fruit juices, coffee, tea) in addition to providing water, also provide other substances that contain calories (for example simple sugars) or which are pharmacologically active (for example caffeine ). These drinks should be used with extreme moderation or rather abolished.
- If possible, you should make sure you never skip snacks.
- White meat (chicken, turkey, rabbit) is preferred to red meat (beef, pork), but the latter should not be completely excluded from the diet.
- You should eat slowly this way you can feel full faster.
- You should never train on a full stomach.
- You should allow yourself one day a week to eat whatever you like.
- It would be better to consume pasta, rice or wholemeal bread, especially in the evening. However, pay attention to the association of whole foods rich in fiber and fruit as together they could give rise to fermentation processes.
- If you are overweight, you should not find useless justifications: will is power and even the palate can be educated in a few weeks if you want.
- Getting used to new tastes and dietary principles takes some time but, generally, what may seem strange at first after a few tries gives a better impression until it becomes completely normal.
- You have to pay close attention to the “useless” calories that are ingested during the day which, if added together, can be really many.
- The consumption of fatty cheeses should be limited, preferring leaner ones such as ricotta, mozzarella, certosino, robiola, crescenza.
- To avoid overeating or giving in to some temptation too much, it is good practice to brush your teeth once the meal is finished, or to put chewingum or sugar-free aromatic candies in your mouth.
- If before going to bed you should feel hungry, you could try drinking a good glass of milk, in this way, in addition to rest better, you can also avoid waking up at night in the throes of “hunger pangs”.
- It is necessary to avoid consuming sausages and preserved meat among whose ingredients appear in addition to an excessive amount of salt also nitrites (E249 E250).
- The eggs can be consumed with some freedom (up to 4 per week, distributed over the various days).
- Meals don’t have to be too rich and elaborate, it’s better to have small meals (at least 4) than one or two large meals a day. Breakfast is very important and should meet around 20% of your daily calorie requirement.
- The healthiest cooking methods include steaming and using the pressure cooker. Frying and grilling are methods that are potentially harmful to health.
- Seasoning fats should preferably be used raw and it is absolutely necessary to avoid reusing already cooked fats and oils.
- In any case, if food is occasionally fried, it is preferable to use olive oil, peanut oil or refined oils in general; on the other hand, butter and oils rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids (wheat germ, corn or grape seed) should be absolutely avoided.
- Whenever possible, it is better to choose foods grown with organic farming methods that are relatively free from toxic residues from chemical fertilizers, herbicides and fungicides.
- If you were to go out for dinner, it would be good to have a small snack an hour before going out. In this way, you could avoid overeating and your food choices will be more balanced (for example, you could give up dessert at the end of a meal).
- You have to learn how to shop: reading the nutrition labels and preparing a list should indicate only what is needed.
- Limit to the maximum or better avoid the consumption of ready-to-eat and precooked foods, using fresh or frozen vegetables instead.
- Try in every way to gradually reduce the use of salt both at the table and in the kitchen. Prefer salt enriched with iodine (iodized salt) to common salt. Replace salt with herbs (such as garlic, onion, basil, parsley, rosemary, sage, mint, oregano, marjoram, celery, leek, thyme, fennel seeds) and spices (such as pepper, chilli, nutmeg, saffron, curry ). The flavor of food can be enhanced by using lemon juice and vinegar. When they are available, it is much better to prefer low-salt product lines (unsalted bread, low-salt canned tuna, etc.).
- Often “hunger pangs” actually simply hide a “need” for water; instead of eating you should try to drink plenty of it.
- Never go shopping on an empty stomach, this could lead to buying high-calorie and unhealthy foods that you would like to stay away from.
- Give up or consume only very occasionally processed foods rich in salt (salty snacks, potato chips in bags, table olives, some cured meats and cheeses).
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to email@example.com for any questions you may have.
Sir Aami whatsapp a msg korechi…. PDF din