How to get rid of foot pain
After an activity that increases pain, ice can be applied to reduce swelling and pain. The painful foot is kept as high as possible.
6 Exercises to KILL Chronic Foot Pain (GIVEAWAY Included) – 2022
What can be done at home treatment for foot pain:
- After an activity that increases pain, ice can be applied to reduce swelling and pain.
- The painful foot is kept as high as possible.
- Activity should be limited until the problem is resolved.
- Insoles can be used if there are places where there is friction and pressure.
- Pain relievers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen can be taken. These drugs can be used for 2-3 weeks. It may be inconvenient to use in patients with ulcers, liver and kidney problems. For this, a doctor should be consulted.
- In calluses, the foot can be softened by soaking the foot in warm water and cleaned with a pumice stone. It is inconvenient to cut and burn calluses.
- A long rest period is often required for foot pain due to stress fractures.
- Insoles can be helpful for foot pain due to plantar fasciitis.
When should a doctor be consulted?
Situations where a doctor should be consulted for foot pain:
- sudden and severe pain
- If the pain developed after a trauma—especially if there is bleeding, graze, disfigurement, and the pain is exacerbated by pressure.
- If you have redness or swelling of the joint, an open wound, or a fever
- If you have diabetes or vascular disease and have a new foot pain.
- If you do not see benefit in 1-2 weeks with your own treatments
Making an effort to prevent foot pain is easier and more effective than treatment after it develops. Some of the measures that can be taken to prevent foot pain:
- Wear comfortable and well-fitting shoes.
- Choose shoes with enough volume for the forefoot and toes.
- Try to wear sneakers, especially when walking.
- Avoid shoes with narrow toes and high heels.
- Change running shoes frequently.
- Warm up before and after exercise.
- Gradually increase the degree of exercise so as not to overload your feet.
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- Learn exercises that will strengthen your feet and relieve pain. These exercises can reduce the development of flat feet and other foot problems.
- Try to keep the feet dry.
- If you have gout, try not to drink alcohol.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to email@example.com for any questions you may have.