Genioplasty: Expected recovery period
The expected recovery period for chin augmentation surgery ranges from a few weeks to a few months. Genioplasty…
Advantages of Sliding Genioplasty vs Chin Implants for Augmenting the Chin
Candidates for chin surgery
The first step to becoming a potential candidate for chin surgery is to be unsatisfied with the appearance of your chin and the shape of your face and feel the need to modify them, then the characteristics of a candidate for chin surgery differ from those of a candidate for chin surgery.
Candidate for chin augmentation
- He has a small chin
- Chin surgery is square or tapered in shape.
- He has a prominent nose.
- The shape of the cheeks is large compared to the size of the chin.
- His neck is meaty.
Candidate for chin reduction surgery
- Chin size is large.
- It has a fleshy and tapered neck.
- Unremarkable cheeks.
- Small nose or nose reduction surgery.
- The shape of the chin is massive oval or round.
In all cases, the candidate for chin augmentation surgery should have the following characteristics:
- Enjoy psychological safety and mental health.
- He has not recently experienced major turmoil in his life (deaths, emotional trauma, etc.).
- Reaches the age of 20 or more so that chin growth has stopped.
- He is in good health and does not suffer from heart disease, arterial insufficiency, or other chronic diseases.
- Not taking anticoagulant medication.
- Has not been treated with Accutane ® injections at least six months prior to the operation. (It is a drug that affects bone growth and causes the formation of
- large and prominent scars in wounds).
- The patient’s goals and expectations should be realistic so that he or she is not disappointed.
- The patient should be a non-smoker or be able to stop smoking several months before the operation and for several months after the operation.
Expected recovery period
The expected recovery period for chin augmentation surgery ranges from a few weeks to a few months. In general, you should adhere to the instructions given to you by your doctor, no matter how simple the plastic surgery you are doing, the recovery period constitutes more than half of the success rate of the surgery.
It is recommended to rest completely in the postoperative period, and it is also recommended to eat soft and liquid foods and avoid hard foods that require effort to chew. It is also advised to avoid smoking to contribute to the speed of wound healing. It is also advised to avoid exposure to impact. Finally, doctors recommend using special pillows to sleep and trying to sleep lying on the back for a period after the surgery.
We offer you some tips that you should follow to have a perfect chin. These tips start with your decision to perform the operation and end only with complete satisfaction with your new image after chin surgery:
- Take it easy on choosing your doctor.
- Do a lot of research and talk to your doctor to decide what kind of chin surgery is right for you.
- Do not go for chin surgery until you have finished treating all your dental problems, and all the cosmetic and orthodontic procedures that you want to perform on your teeth.
- Consult your doctor more than once to determine the appropriate chin surgery size for your face shape.
- Discuss the type of incision you’d like to have and where you’d prefer it to be made with your doctor.
- Prepare well for the post-operative recovery period, and have everything you need ready well in advance.
- Determine who will assist you in the postoperative period and agree with them on appropriate care methods
- Avoid exposing your chin to pressure, shock or impact after the operation.
- You will need a special pillow, select a specific sleeping position and practice it long enough before the operation, and you should discuss this with your doctor.
- Be aware that chin surgery is not completely symmetrical on both sides, and this is important to give it the perfect shape, so don’t worry about the appearance of asymmetry on both sides of chin surgery.
- Try to keep eating only liquid foods during the postoperative period, as eating solid foods may jeopardize the results of the operation.
- Determine with your doctor the appropriate period for your condition to recover, during which you should adhere to all the instructions of the specified sleeping position and avoid solid foods and other instructions from the doctor.
- Set your expectations well and discuss them with your doctor long enough before the operation, and make sure your psychological state is stable when you decide to perform the operation so that you will not be disappointed afterwards.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have.
What’s App us on number: +918360128360 for any queries. Thank you!!
Love from maharashtra ❤️❤️