Forehead Lift: Follow-up regardless of method choice
You will normally stand up and move immediately after the forehead lift procedure. However, in the first week, you should limit your…
What is Forehead Lift? Who should get it? Can people in their 20s or 30s get this procedure?
Time elapsed after forehead stretching
Open forehead lift is a more comprehensive procedure than endoscopic forehead lift. Therefore, post-procedures differ quite a lot.
Follow-up in traditional eyebrow lift
Pain and discomfort
When the local anesthetic is released, it can be painful and uncomfortable in the operating area.
- Normally, the prescription pain relievers you bring home after surgery are sufficient.
- In some cases, a longer-acting local anesthetic is applied to the scalp to further alleviate these symptoms.
- You will likely also experience some discomfort in the form of sensory disturbance. Partially on the forehead, but above all on the scalp behind the incisions.
Swelling and bruising
After the operation, the forehead, cheeks and around the eyes swell. Sometimes strong.
- Keep your head elevated to reduce swelling and bruising after surgery.
- You must lie with your head elevated for three days. Some pillows under the bed usually work well.
- Swelling and bruising are usually worse around the forehead but can also spread to the cheeks and eyes.
- Most swelling and bruising begin to decrease within 1-2 weeks after the procedure.
When you cut the scalp, you cut some nerve fibers in the skin. It affects the emotion.
- After surgery, most people experience a loss of sensation in their scalp.
- When the nerves heal, the loss of sensation in the scalp can turn into itching. This itching can be very irritating and can last for a long time.
- You can count on a certain permanent loss of sensation in the hair behind the scar.
Bandages and stitches
In some cases, full dressings are placed around the head to protect the wounds from infection.
- Bandages placed around the head are removed a few days after surgery.
- Closure staples and/or stitches are removed within two weeks. In some cases, this is done in two rounds.
Temporary hair loss
The incision on the scalp damages some hair follicles and affects the blood and nutrient supply to others.
- In some cases, the hair adjacent to the scar on the scalp temporarily thins but returns to its normal growth after a while.
- In exceptional cases, hair loss due to cuts may be permanent. Later, this problem can be eliminated with hair transplantation.
Recovery after endoscopic forehead lift
Endoscopic forehead lift does not affect the tissues in the surgical area as much as open forehead lift. Therefore, recovery and afterward are much easier.
- Patients who undergo endoscopic forehead lift surgery experience a certain reduction in sensation and discomfort due to the initial incisions.
- Swelling and bruises on the forehead, around the eyes and cheeks are much less than with the open technique.
- Pain associated with cuts is normally limited. Over-the-counter pain relievers such as Alvedon are usually sufficient.
- Itching adjacent to scars is also significantly lighter than with an open forehead lift.
- Closure clips or sutures used to close the incisions are usually removed within a week.
Follow-up regardless of method choice
You will normally stand up and move immediately after the forehead lift procedure. However, in the first week, you should limit your activities and get plenty of rest.
You can normally take a shower and use shampoo after two days. Otherwise, immediately after the dressings are removed.
Return to work and normal activities
Most patients return to their normal social activities or work within 7-10 days of sick leave after forehead lift surgery.
- More strenuous physical activity raises blood pressure and should therefore be completely avoided for a month. This includes running, strength training, sex, and heavier housework.
- After about three weeks, you can expect your appearance to return to normal. Any swelling or bruise marks can be hidden with make-up.
- It is completely normal to feel tired and depressed for the first time after surgery. You will regain your energy when you both feel better and look better.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to email@example.com for any questions you may have.