Excision of skin tumor
The risk of complications such as hematoma and infection is very small with excision of skin tumor.
What Does Skin Cancer Look Like?
Excision of skin tumor
- In case of suspicion of malignancy or in case of need for histological diagnosis
- For functional or aesthetic problems
- Bleeding disorder (relative)
- It will often be time for a regulation of this problem
- Minor surgical procedures in the skin can easily be performed even if the patient is in AK treatment
- Compromised wound healing
- May be a relative contraindication
- Consider possible previously similar tumors or malignancy
- Consider possible drug treatment
- Clinical examination of the skin, possibly regional lymph nodes on suspicion of malignancy
- Biochemical assessment is usually not relevant
Information for the patient
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia, the injection causes short-term burning and then gives pain relief. The patient will be able to feel that you are touching the skin
- In areas with tightly bound skin (eg nose and big toe) injection of local anesthetic may be uncomfortable
- Postoperative limitations, e.g. keep one extremity still and elevated
- The risk of complications such as hematoma and infection is very small with excision of skin tumor
- The procedure may leave a visible scar
- Lidocaine, mepivacaine or bupivacaine
- Resolution 1-2%
- Added vasoconstrictor to reduce bleeding and prolong the effect of the anesthetic
- Vasoconstrictor, often adrenaline, is permissible under local anesthesia in all regions incl. ear, penis, fingers / toes, which is a change from the more cautious attitude of the past
- Surgical equipment
- Scalpel, surgical forceps, scissors and needle holder
- Electrical coagulation if possible
- Anaphylaxis prophylaxis
- There should be easy access to sufficient equipment to treat any. anaphylactic shock or more frequently: vasovagal seizures
- The patient is positioned so that there is a good overview of the surgical field and it is easily accessible. The patient should also lie down comfortably – and thus calmly
- The skin is disinfected several cm outside the surgical field
- Ideally, cover with sterile covers or a hole
- Draw the planned incision lines on the skin in the slit direction of the skin. It gives the nicest scar and least tightening when closed
- An elliptical excision with a length of approx. four times wide, “donkey ears” are avoided
- Infiltration anesthesia is placed in the recorded incision lines
- Possibly. wiring block is laid as early as possible as it only works after a few minutes. The same goes for vasoconstrictors
- Check that the local anesthetic works by gently poking into the recorded area
- At excision biopsy, a 1-2 mm incision of normal skin around the tumor is made
- If malignant melanoma is suspected, up to 5 mm normal skin is taken, depending on the location
- In the radical treatment of benign tumors, a maximum of a few mm of normal tissue is included
- In non-melanoma skin cancer, ie keratinocyte carcinomas, a 5-10 mm border is taken, depending on the type and location
- Patients with malignant melanoma, dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans and other highly malignant tumors should be referred for radical treatment in plastic surgery wards
- The incision
- The incision is placed perpendicular to the surface down into the upper subcutis with a sliding motion along the entire length of the incision so that it becomes a smooth incision.
- Then cut sharply to the appropriate depth and remove the specimen in one piece
- If the diagnosis is known, cut to the appropriate depth
- The procedure should be made as traumatic as possible. The tissue is manipulated as gently and gently as possible, and tissue handling instruments are used
- The preparation
- When removing several separate elements, the marking must be clear, so that any. pathology is unique
- If it is important, the preparation should be marked with e.g. a suture to make the orientation unique
- Coagulate significant sources of bleeding
- Close the subcutis if there will otherwise be a cavity
- The dermis is closed separately if there is a large pull on the wound lips, the risk of scar tissue formation in the skin is reduced.
- The skin is closed with single nodules or continuous suture, intra- or percutaneously at the surgeon’s assessment
- Use as thin sutures as possible – on the head (except the scalp), neck and hands are used 5-0 to 7-0; otherwise 3-0 to 4-0
- Use as few sutures as possible – so close that the wound does not yawn, often 2-3 mm for 6-0, 5-6 mm for 3-0
- Tighten as little as possible – the wound edges are approximated, they are not laced together
- Removal of sutures
- In the head-neck region in adults, sutures of 3rd-6th are removed. day
- On trunk and upper extremities on 7.-10. day
- On lower extremities on 10.-14. day
- Sutures should be removed early if suture marks are to be avoided. Possibly. the wound can be relieved the following days with transverse patches
- If the wound can be kept dry and clean, there is really no need for bandaging
- For practical reasons, a bandage should be applied, which seals the wound for a minimum of 24 hours
- A piece of paper patch that remains for suture removal is usually sufficient, but an occlusive bandage increases the rate of epithelialization and thus reduces scarring.
- Not usually needed
- Prophylactic antibiotics?
- Is only indicated by increased risk of infection and is then given as a one-time prescription immediately before the procedure
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have.
public health is public health public rights are public rights
These UNELECTED bureaucrats are too powerful and UNACCOUNTABLE and there are way too many of them who are judge, jury and executioners of their own laws. We need to hold them accountable. Starting with this guy.
CDC has no authority at all and goes against our consitutional rights. All these Gov. Agencies need to be abolished and start over period the corruption is ramped
It goes to show how the powerful gets an actual monopoly jail-free card
Fauci’s head on a Pike!
I trust Fauci and the CDC as much as I trust my ability to pick up an elephant.
So we should just keep getting boosted with ineffective vaccines ?
corona virus has been on the lab slip for 30 yrs.
GET OFF OF UTUBE YOU MADE ENOUGH MONEY WITH SHOTS YOU USE PEOPLE FOR MONEY BS LYING