Endoscopic forehead lift procedure
The operation is completed in the same way as the traditional method of forehead lift/eyebrow lift.
This is how the operation works
Forehead lift is performed in day surgery. This means you leave the clinic the same day as your surgery. No overnight stay.
You will come to the clinic on the day of surgery. You enter from there and you are assigned a sick room. Then you should change into surgical clothes.
In the next step, you will meet your surgeon who will perform the procedure, answer questions and take some photos. You’ll then take some sedatives before it’s time to go to the operating room.
- Forehead stretching takes about 1-2 hours.
- The first thing that happens in the operating room is the sterile washing of the operating room. You will then be connected to the monitoring equipment and then receive your anesthesia.
- The operation is usually performed under combined anesthesia with local anesthesia. You sleep through the entire procedure.
- However, eyebrow lifting can also be performed under local anesthesia with sedatives. Then you are awake but drugged.
- As mentioned earlier, there are two methods of forehead lift – open and endoscopic.
- The endoscopic method, peephole surgery, reduces surgical incisions to just two centimeters long incisions at the hairline above the forehead. This results in smaller scars and faster healing.
- However, the result of endoscopic forehead lift/eyebrow lift is not as precise and permanent as in the open method.
- Which method to use depends on your goals and the surgeon’s assessment of what needs to be done to best achieve the desired results with minimal side effects.
The course of traditional (open) forehead lift surgery
The open method is the most proven. It provides more room for change but also means longer scars.
- The surgery begins with the surgeon making an incision across the scalp (from ear to ear) or along the hairline and into the hair at the temples.
- The method used is determined by the surgeon’s experience and the length of the patient’s hairline and hair quality.
- In patients with high hairline or thin hair, it is less appropriate to place the incision on the scalp, as it may cause an increase in the hairline and some temporary hair loss along the incision.
- After the incision is made, gently lift the facial skin up to the eyebrows to tighten or remove the underlying tissue and muscles.
- In some cases, raise the eyebrows and secure with a few stitches. Then remove the excess skin (about 1 cm) from the top so that the skin can be stretched.
- Sometimes the skin is also pulled down a little towards the jawbone to provide a certain lift on the upper part of the cheek.
- When the job is done, the entrance is closed with staples and/or stitches, then the face and hair are washed to avoid irritation.
- Sometimes a small drainage tube is placed under the skin of the forehead. In this case, it will be removed the next day.
- Some surgeons choose not to use dressings, while others apply a mouse-like dressing consisting of gauze and bandage.
- After the entire operation is completed and any bandages are applied, the patient is taken to his room to recover.
The patient normally leaves the patient clinic on the same day. But first, you need to rest in your room for a few hours until you feel ready to be discharged.
Endoscopic forehead lift procedure
Endoscopic forehead lift is performed after the same preparations as in the open method.
- It is relatively common for endoscopic brow lift to be performed under local anesthesia with sedatives.
- Unlike the open method, when an incision is made on the scalp, two to four short incisions (approximately 1.5 cm) are made in the hair on the scalp instead.
- An endoscope (a pen-like camera connected to a monitor) is inserted into one of the sections. This gives the surgeon a clear picture of the underlying tissue and muscles.
- Through the second incision, the surgeon inserts another instrument and removes the skin up to the eyebrows.
- The underlying tissues are tightened or removed.
- The eyebrows are lifted up and fixed in their new positions with the help of a few subcutaneous sutures.
- The operation is completed in the same way as the traditional method of forehead lift/eyebrow lift.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to email@example.com for any questions you may have.