Duration of facelift
Depending on the depth of the intervention and the goals of the operation, the procedure lasts 1-3 hours. Facelift…
How long will my facelift last?
Facelift is a radical and effective method of eliminating the signs of aging on the face. The term “facelift” includes a set of procedures that are performed not only on the skin, but also on the muscles and subcutaneous fat, so the results of the operation have a lasting and long-lasting effect. Facelifting will help restore the elasticity of your face, correct sagging skin and muscles, reduce fat and smooth out wrinkles. As a result, you will look a few years younger.
Rhytidectomy is a surgical procedure that removes all age-related skin changes, such as wrinkles, double chin, nasolabial folds, etc. The operation features a comprehensive approach – reducing the amount of subcutaneous fat, eliminating excess skin and improving muscle tone. Rhytidectomy is also called circular facelift, because the purpose of the operation is to rejuvenate the whole face. As a result, you get a young fit, with a correct and attractive facial contour.
Short-scar lifting is a variant of upper rhytidectomy, in which the ear and occipital incision is not performed as in a circular facelift, the incision is made only in the upper face and only on the skin, without affecting its deep layers, as in SMAS.
SMAS lifting is an intervention on the upper muscular aponeurotic layer (Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System), which is located deep under the skin and serves as a support for the face. The result of the operation is the alignment of deep wrinkles of the facial skin, pronounced skin folds and the removal of excess subcutaneous fat. Because the operation is performed at a deeper level than the skin, the results of the operation are much more noticeable and long-lasting.
Forehead and eyebrow lifting is a plastic surgery that results in the smoothing of horizontal forehead wrinkles, longitudinal wrinkles on the nose, as well as lifting eyebrows and eye corners.
Duration of facelift
Depending on the depth of the intervention and the goals of the operation, the procedure lasts 1-3 hours.
Type of anesthesia. General anesthesia or local anesthesia in combination with sedatives, all depends on the complexity of the correction.
Indications for facelift:
- lowering the skin of the forehead and eyebrows;
- “Double chin”;
- lowering of the outer corners of the eyes;
- deep wrinkles in the temples, nose and cheekbones;
- pronounced nasolabial folds;
- drooping eyelids (ptosis);
- lowering the cheeks of the “bulldog”;
- vertical wrinkles on the cheeks.
Contraindications to facelifting:
- chronic diseases in a state of decompensation (diabetes);
- acute and viral diseases, conditions accompanied by a rise in body temperature above 38C °;
- oncological diseases;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, severe hypertension;
- coagulation disorders (tendency to bleed);
- any inflammatory processes in the face.
Preparation for the operation:
- detailed examination and laboratory tests to assess the patient’s health and identify possible contraindications to surgery;
- temporary cessation of drugs that affect blood clotting (aspirin, etc.);
- exclusion of alcohol and smoking in the pre- and postoperative period, they affect vascular tone, blood flow deteriorates, so the operation and the postoperative period will last longer.
The duration of the rehabilitation period after facelifting is 2-3 weeks, depending on the complexity and volume of the operation. After the operation, doctors will tell you in detail what drugs to take at home and how to care for the face, so that the postoperative period was as easy and painless. We strongly recommend that you follow all the doctor’s advice, because this is the key to getting the desired result after surgery. Sutures are removed within 7-10 days after surgery. Nerve endings are damaged during the operation, so for a short period of time, the sensitivity in the area of the operation may be impaired. Postoperative edema begins to disappear at the end of the first week after surgery. You will be able to see the results of the operation at the end of the second month after the operation, after all the swelling has disappeared.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to email@example.com for any questions you may have.