Breast Augmentation: How is the day before and the day of surgery?
Breast augmentation surgery generally lasts between one and three hours. After you arrive at the hospital or operating room, you are given anesthesia.
Breast Augmentation Surgery 2022
What type of prosthesis to choose: round or anatomical?
This is one of the main questions for all women who want to have breast augmentation. Two points must be taken into account:
- Breast shape: If your bust has a harmonic shape and with 50% or more of the content of the gland in the lower pole, the best will be the round prosthesis. If your bust looks rather flattened or empty and with less than 50% of the content of the gland in the lower pole, the anatomical prosthesis is best.
- Patient wishes: When we are faced with a clear case of anatomical indication, the surgeon should not even consider placing a round prosthesis as it can result in the infamous “ball effect” that many patients fear. The naturalness of the result should never be sacrificed.
Breast implants texture
The surface of a breast implant can be smooth or textured. The smooth implant has a smooth surface, like that of a balloon. The textured implant has a sandpaper-like surface.
- Smooth implants: Smooth implants are used in about 90 percent of breast augmentation surgeries. A smooth breast implant can move freely in the pocket formed by the breast where it is placed. Smooth implants usually have thinner capsules than textured ones, which makes them softer. Some of the additional advantages of smooth implants are the duration of the implant, the lower cost for the patient and the lower risk of rippling.
- Textured Implants – Textured implants have a rougher outer surface in order to achieve cohesion between the implant and the surrounding tissue. This helps the implant maintain proper vertical alignment, a particular problem with teardrop-shaped breast implants. Textured implants were originally designed to reduce the risk of capsular contracture.
Textured breast implants are associated with a higher frequency of leaking and rippling than smooth ones; however, textured ones also reduce the risk of displacement.
Regarding costs, textured implants are, in general, more expensive than smooth ones. Women considering breast augmentation should choose a cosmetic surgeon with extensive training and experience in all aspects of breast implants and implant procedures to help them determine which type is best for them.
Capsular contracture or encapsulation occurs when scar tissue around the implant grows and presses on the implant, causing the breast to harden. However, the claim that textured implants reduce the risk of capsular contracture has not been conclusively proven in medical studies. Many doctors prefer to use smooth and round implants. Smooth implants are often placed under muscle tissue to avoid capsular contracture.
How is the day before and the day of surgery?
The day before surgery, the doctor will recommend some guidelines on food, liquid consumption, suspension of medications, vitamins or supplements. Have someone come with you to drive you home when you’re discharged and help you for a couple of days post-op.
Breast augmentation surgery generally lasts between one and three hours. After you arrive at the hospital or operating room, you are given anesthesia. General anesthesia is the most common, but local anesthesia with sedation is also common.
Once you go into surgery, your doctor and medical team will follow the predetermined surgical plan that you have agreed upon. After the procedure is complete, you are taken to a recovery area for observation. Unless your doctor thinks otherwise, you can go home with your bandages and surgical corset that same day or the next day.
Types of incisions for breast augmentation
- Submammary groove: Leaves a more visible scar than in the cut through the armpits. It is recommended for anatomical prostheses.
- Areola: This type of incision is also recommended with the placement of round prostheses. The scars are hardly visible and are camouflaged.
On some occasions, surgeons may opt for other incisions, although it should be noted that they are very rare:
- Armpit: The cut through the armpit is generally recommended with round dentures.
- Transumbilical: It is not usual but sometimes it is done. Access is through the navel.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to email@example.com for any questions you may have.