Breast Augmentation: Differences between round prostheses and anatomical prostheses
Factors when choosing a type of implant in a breast augmentation: Taking these two generalities into account, there are several factors to take into account when…
Differences between round prostheses and anatomical prostheses
The transition at the top of the breast is smooth, progressive, increasing in volume as the breast advances downwards.
Factors when choosing a type of implant in a breast augmentation:
Taking these two generalities into account, there are several factors to take into account when choosing a breast prosthesis
- If the patient is not thin and has a significant amount of skin and fat in the upper part of the breast, there will be no difference between the two prostheses. A round prosthesis will be the same as an anatomical one, since they will look the same in profile.
- If the patient is thin, it will be noticed profile what type of implant you have chosen. In this way, the round prosthesis will give a more marked transition at the beginning of the prosthesis, at the top.
- If the patient has any underlying alteration in the shape of the breast (tuberous mom,for example), it is recommended that you select an anatomical implant with the idea of normalizing the shape of your breast as much as possible. The anatomical prostheses simulate the shape of the normal breast.
- If the patient seeks to have a natural result , it is recommended that you opt for an anatomical implant. Due to the shape of this type of prosthesis, the appearance will be more similar to that of a non-operated breast.
- There is no prosthesis that is more than the other. That will depend on the final size, the distance between the breasts, the width of the sternum and the type of bra used afterwards.
In my usual practice I use anatomical implants in 95% of cases , taking into account that it is the patient who is totally involved in the choice of implant. This occurs once you have understood, reasoned and seen these explanations about the types of implants. In addition to having made a 3d simulation where the patient visualizes her new figure with the chosen implants.
It is essential to offer adequate and extensive information to patients when choose the prosthesis since this will have a positive effect on the final objective of cosmetic surgery: patient satisfaction through the realization, with maximum medical safety, of their wishes and their image change. only the plastic, cosmetic and restorative surgeon will be able to inform the patient with discretion.
Hello our dear visitor. Welcome to the largest ongoing health tourism site in Turkey. Do not make any attempt to benefit from any health service in Turkey without consulting us.
You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have.